Hello all. We are on now on week 10 of learning from home. You are all doing a fantastic job, keep up the hard work Primary 1!
Please find below all the details you will need for learning from home this week. Please remember to get in touch with your child’s teacher at least once a week to share what they have been learning. Also, if you have any questions or problems please just send us an email.
Week 10 Learning Grid
Please find the week 10 learning grid attached. It would be great if you could work through as many of these activities as possible. Some of the boxes on the grid (coloured red) link to an attachment below. Please feel free to either print these and stick into the jotter or to copy the work onto a piece of paper or jotter.
WOW work: Writing
This week we will be focussing on writing for the WOW work. We will be choosing work from your dinosaur imaginative stories. At the end of the week each teacher will choose an excellent piece of work from their class and this will be uploaded to the website next Monday. Attached below is an example and a template you may wish to use.
Here are a selection of games that will allow your child to practise reading and sounding out words using all the sounds they have learnt.
Continue to practise letter formation and this week the focus will be on descending letters (hanging letters)
Maths and Numeracy
This week we are continuing to practise subtraction. The focus is on subtraction language. The following worksheets will allow you to practise this as well as some subtraction word problems.
We have also included a maths worksheet on Position, direction and movement that you may wish to complete.
RSHP: Looking after plants and animals
Over the following weeks as part of our Health and Wellbeing topic we will be focussing on ‘looking after plants and animals. The PowerPoint and a document including various songs, stories and activities is attached below.
• Children develop their understanding of how plants and young animals grow and develop.
• Children understand the concept of life cycle.
• Children understand that all living things need to be nurtured and cared for.
• I know what a living thing is and what it needs such as food, growth.
• I understand that different living things have different needs.
• I understand and can name the life cycles of some plants and animals.
• I am beginning to learn what is the same and what is different about life cycles.
• I understand that some animals rely on a parent/carer for food.
• I am beginning to relate some of this learning to myself and can discuss.
Health and Wellbeing- feelings
The worksheet below will help you with one of the tasks on the weekly grid.
All about me
This week’s PE activities have been kindly provided by Ms Griffin.
Personal Learning Profiles
Thank you for sending in the responses to the questions for the final profiles, this is greatly appreciated. If you haven’t done so and you would like to, please email your child’s class teacher with these.
Thanks again and have a great weekend everyone!