Dear Parents and Carers
Apologies for the second email of the week. Trying to keep everyone up to date with information is a bit of a challenge at the moment!
As you are aware our main aim is to ensure that everyone in our school community feels safe and that we minimise the possible risk of infection. By doing so we hope we will be able to prevent any disruption to school. We are loving having the children back.
To manage this we need everyone to play their part. Unfortunately it is easy to slip back into old ways and to forget that we are still living with restrictions.
It is impossible for school staff to influence behaviour outside our school gates but we do have a responsibility within our grounds. For this reason I am now asking that any adult entering the playground to pick up a P1 or P2 wears a mask. Our playground is ‘our shop’. Your understanding and support with this will be much appreciated by everyone.
Please see below for reminders for P1 and P2 parents and carers :
- One adult only in playground to collect P1 or P2 pupil
- Please wear a mask (as you would to enter a shop) – from Monday 24th Aug
- Remember to physically distance if speaking to a member of staff or other adult
- Please exit the playground immediately you have collected your child
Information for everyone :
- Sandra Brown, our family support worker, is a real asset to our school. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with her if you need to chat to someone about parenting, housing, access to supports etc. Her mobile number is 07746 895595
- We have several children who have a fear of dogs. If waiting for your child outside school gates please can you make sure your dog is always under control.
- If your child is finding the hand sanitiser in school is irritating their skin, please feel free to send them in with something more suitable. Any bottles must be labelled with your child’s name.
- Children are now able to bring in wellies but must leave them in school.
- Please make sure all items of clothing are named. We are unable to store lost property.
Thank you once more for the fabulous support we get from our community. Our school is already buzzing with learning and I am so proud of how amazing the staff team have been in adapting to the new circumstances. Our MADD about heroes topic is well underway and whilst we will be unable to share learning in our usual way, watch out for a movie compilation of music, art, drama and dance next month.
Finally – apologies for a mistake in the email address to use when contacting school. It should be email@example.com
Have a great weekend