We aim to ensure that our pupils become familiar with our local secondary school throughout their time at Trinity Primary School, through numerous opportunities.
In P6 and P7, pupils spend time becoming familiar with the layout of Trinity Academy. Each year, Trinity Primary School’s P7 show takes place at Trinity Academy with pupils using the stage and main hall area for show rehearsals.
Here are some transition activities we have been involved in:
- In May we are hoping to get together with our cluster schools (Victoria and Wardie) to have lessons, taught by our P7 teachers using the Academy facilities. This will allow the children to socialise with new learners and to become familiar with the facilities and how to move around the Academy.
- Maths problem solving event at Trinity Academy.
- All cluster primary schools are taking part in a maths project which is linked to the Young Scot Card.
- Trinity Academy writing transition jotter. Trinity Academy staff visit the cluster primaries and P7s attend Trinity Academy as part of this initiative.
- The opportunity is provided towards the end of P7 for pupils to go out for lunch in the local area in preparation for their lunchtimes at secondary school.
- Trinity Academy pupil visit days are arranged in the summer term.
- There is a picnic event in the summer term.
- World of work event in February at Trinity Academy for P6, P7 and S3 pupils.
- We have secondary pupils come to speak to P7s and they come in to help in classes and with sports day.